This whole story is going to have to be broken out into a few parts because I’m too excited to cram it into one… but the bottom line is: Jesus is taking me on a new adventure and I am SO EXCITED!
Is that vague enough for you? haha. I’m sorry! my eyes are closing as I’m typing this. Until tomorrow, I’ll leave you with a few statistics:
- There are approximately 1 million prostituted women in North America, or 1% of women in North America are involved in prostitution.1
- An estimated 600,000 children under 18 are involved in prostitution or pornography.2
- 12 is the average age of entry into pornography and prostitution.3
- As many as 2.8 million children live on the streets. 1 out of every three will be lured into prostitution within 48 hours of leaving home.4
- A national study shows that 75% of all women used in prostitution were victims of incest and/or physical abuse as children.5
- Most of those involved in prostitution ran away from home at an early age to escape their abuse…then turn to prostitution as a way of survival.6
- Most prostitutes became drug or alcohol addicted on the streets and became more trapped in prostitution to earn money to support their habits.7
- Up to 90% of prostitutes are under the control of a pimp.8
- Average arrest, court, and incarceration costs amounted to nearly $2,000 per arrest in 1987. Cities spend an average of $7.5 million on prostitution control each year, ranging from $1 million (Memphis) to $23 million (New York).9
- A high percentage of prostituted women have considered suicide.10
- Every year a prostituted woman is raped 19 times, kidnapped 10 times, and beaten repeatedly. And we still consider her the criminal?11
- Prostituted women getting out of jail have no resources, they feel their only choice is to return to a life they know or where they are accepted.
G’night my friends 🙂